Adventure & Endurance
To get a more detailed idea of what I’m into here are a few highlight from what I like to call my adventure curriculum:
– one semester in Brazil that turned into two and where I met my amazing wife
– hitch hiking to Italy to swim across a lake
– planing and executing expeditions in the Indian Himalaya
– many many invitations in Syria, Jordan and Turkey
– a big parental leave even as everybody except my wife said no
– 250 km hike through the black forest with our 6 month old
– 8000 km road trip in South America with our 8 month old
– hiking in the Sahara with camels
– Hitch-biking North Cape to home
I have my little black notebook at home with many many ideas for more adventures and expeditions. For this year I have planed to go after a few challenges that can be started at my doorstep. Here is what I want to pull of:
- Creating my own triathlon following the river Rhine from Ludwigshafen to Cologne by packraft, bike and hike.
- Complete an everesting by bike and get in the hall of fame. Everesting: climb one mountain, hill, brigde… as many times untill you accumulate the hight of Mount Everest.
- Ride across Germany from the northernmost town Flensburg to the southernmost town Garmisch Partenkirchen in 4 days or maybe five. And always sleep outside.
If you like, please follow me on Instagram where I will tell the story about my progress to achive these goals.